When was the last time you brushed up on fireworks safety?
When was the last time you brushed up on fireworks safety? According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, 12 people died and approximately 10,000 were injured badly enough to require medical treatment after fireworks-related incidents in 2019. Join us in celebrating safely this holiday weekend by reviewing a handful of fireworks safety tips below!
🎆 When using fireworks, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse.
Thank you for sharing VPPPA!